AARA Pro 4 Stock
ALL competitors are required to run raceceivers.
This is a low budget Claimer Class
Rule Book Disclaimer
The Association shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that, in its opinion, do not alter acceptable requirements. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval, consent, or permission regarding that subject. Any questions or doubts regarding that subject and/or any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to Association Officials.
Continuous developments in racing may necessitate changes that we cannot foresee at the time the rules are written. Hence, we may update, modify, add to or delete rules.
It is your responsibility to read and understand the following rules and procedures. Ignorance of such will not be an excuse. We have tried to cover all aspects of what is expected from all of us. If after reading this, you discover something that we have omitted, please bring it to our attention for discussion.
It is the duty of every driver to inspect the racing surface and race track grounds to learn of any defects, obstructions or anything which, in his/her opinion, is unsafe. Further, all drivers entering any events are considered to have inspected the area and satisfied themselves as to the conditions. If not, THEY SHOULD NOT RACE. This further indicated that with full awareness and knowledge, that auto racing involve certain risks.
The Claim Rules will be as follows:
- You MUST be an AARA Member to make a claim, claims are $500.00 and exchange of a lead lap feature finishing car.
- Officials must approve all claims.
- Officials may claim any car at any time.
- Claim must be made in cash to Protest man within 15 minutes of the finish of the feature race.
- No one can make more than one claim per season.
- Claimed car may not be claimed again for two (2) complete race nights.
- Refusal of claim will result in a suspension of car and driver for four (4) race nights.
- Car is claimed less seat, seat belts, window net and fuel cell.
- Any car or truck with a single or dual 4 cylinder engine may be run. It must be completely stock as manufactured, engine, drive train, suspension and fuel system, except as noted below. No Turbo’s. No Rear or Mid Engine Vehicles.
- All glass, mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed. All insulation must be removed. Steering and pedals must remain stock. Dash may be modified for roll cage clearance.
- A box type six (6) point roll cage of 1 ½ inch X .095 wall minimum steel tubing is required. Roll cage legs MUST be attached to the floor with ½ x 4 x 8 inch plates. Heavy angle or rectangular tubing may also be used. Must meet safety/ tech approval. Truck frames may use 2 inch X 3 inch tubing to construct a perimeter frame to attach roll cage and door bars. Doors on both sides must have three (3) bars 1 ½ X .095 minimum. Passenger side may be an “X” but must have three (3) bars. The roll cage must be a box over, behind and in front of driver. The hoop behind the driver must have a diagonal brace. Roof loop must have a center bar. Extra bracing inside the cockpit is allowed.
- Doors must be welded or chained shut. Windshield must be replaced with heavy duty gauge wire mesh. Three (3) bars of 3/8 inch diameter must be welded to the roll cage in front of the driver. Reasonably spaced.
- NO SKIRTING of any kind ALLOWED may close rear side opera windows.
- May have a 6 inch eyebrow on windshield, must meet roof.
- Interior MUST remain open except rear speaker deck
- Stock bumpers-NO reinforcing allowed
- Strut towers, hubs and wheel centers may be reinforced. Larger wheel studs are recommended.
- Passenger car tires only, no low profile tires. MINIMUM INFLATION FOR ALL TIRES SHALL BE 30 PSI at all times. No grooving or siping of tires
- NO added weight of any kind
- Fuel cell in steel can, or steel tank must be securely mounted in trunk. It must have a firewall between the tank and driver. Plastic fuel tanks must be covered with steel or aluminum. Must meet safety man’s approval.
- Battery must be securely fastened down. If in cockpit it must be completely enclosed. Must run a battery master disconnect switch within reach of the driver. Third brake light optional.
- Racing seat mandatory. A quick release five (5) point racing type seat belt is required, Seat and seat belts must mount to frame or roll cage and meet safety mans approval. We recommend that the seat belt and shoulder harness be replaced every two (2) years.
- All cars MUST be equipped with a driver’s side window net. Mounting MUST be approved by safety officials. If your window net comes down during a race you may be fined $10.00. NO car may start a race without a window net.
- All competitors MUST wear an approved racing helmet. Full face and Current Snell rated recommended.
- All competitors MUST wear an approved fire retardant driving suit. And approved racing gloves
- Cars must have a number 18 inches tall, in contrasting colors on both doors and on the roof facing the driver’s side. Driver’s full name MUST appear on both sides of the roof above the doors. A 6 inch white number on a black background MUST be mounted in the upper right hand corner of the windshield opening. No profanity or suggestive slogans may appear on the car.
- Continuous developments in racing may necessitate changes that we cannot foresee at the time the rules are written. Hence we may update, modify, add to or delete rules.
- ALL competitors should become familiar with the rule book.